This replacement cable (cable upgrade) is for the 3D printer Artillery Sidewinder X1. The cable upgrade reduces the number of contact points. The electronic components have had better durability since then. The electrical resistance is reduced thanks to the thicker cable cross-sections and broadened conductor tracks. Thus, heating cartridges with more power are possible. However, the upgrade is currently designed for the original heating cartridge (24V, 60Watt = 2.5A). It is therefore possible to exchange the heating cartridge. Printing at higher temperatures is then also possible.
This means that a short circuit, scorched or burned through ribbon cable is a thing of the past.
The set consists of the following components:
- 2 boards (extruder and X-bar) [option: heating cartridge connection plugged (original) or screwed].
- The screwed version can accommodate cables up to 0.75mm².
- 1 cable for the filament sensor
- 2 printing parts (spacer plate extruder board and X-bar)
- 1 cable entry
- 2 connection cables
- 1 cable entry
- Screws, cable holders, cable ties.
- Instructions in digital form
Conversion time approx. 2 hours, even for people who have little experience with such conversions.
All cables are labeled and the documentation is also very detailed.
- The guarantee is void as the case is opened.
- A cordless screwdriver and a step drill (4-32mm) are required. So that the hole for the cable entry can be drilled into the side of the housing. (Both are not included in the scope of delivery of the set).
- The connection of the BL-Touch is supplied with ready-made connectors for the board.
- BL-Touch is NOT included in the scope of delivery!
- A firmware must be installed that supports a BL-Touch! (No support for firmware upgrades)
- The STL file for the cover of the extruder circuit board can be downloaded HERE for free.
We are also represented under: